Netty 4.1.0.CR4 released
I'm happy to announce the release of Netty 4.1.0.CR4 after 1 month of work. We also bumped the version of the next release out of the 4.1 branch to 4.1.0.Final-SNAPSHOT which means we are very close so please test ASAP :)
The most important changes in this release are:
- DnsNameResolver: makes possible to define additional records in DNS query (#4871)
- DnsNameResolverContext infinite loop (#4771)
- HTTP/2 stream removed from map before onStreamClosed called (#4888)
- Add support for directly decoding/encoding DNS PTR Records (#4912)
- EPOLL ET AutoRead (#4919)
- HTTP/2 DefaultHttp2Connection NPE (#4933)
- Netty 4.1.0.CR1: DNS resolver accepts invalid FQDN with label length > 63 octet (#4935)
- Netty 4.1.0.CR1: DNS resolver do not treat non-ASCII characters correctly (#4937)
- Fix potential infinite loop when resolving CNAME records (#4946)
- HTTP/2 DefaultHttp2ConnectionEncoder data frame size incorrect if error (#4965)
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
As our http2 and dns codecs are still quite new we "mark" these as experimental which means we may break the api's of these in later releases.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.