Netty 4.1.0.Beta5 released
I'm happy to announce the release of Netty 4.1.0.Beta5.
This release contains a lot of improvements and fixes over Netty 4.1.0.Beta4. This includes also the changes listed in the 4.0.28.Final release notes like Splicing and Channel Pool.
The most important changes are:
- ChannelFuture is not done after shutdown (#3567)
- Fix handling of non-auto read for ByteToMessageDecoder and SslHandler (#3658), (#3529), (#3587)
- Correctly handle EPOLLRDHUP (#3611), (#3539)
- Add ChannelPool abstraction and implementations (#3607), (#3218)
- Change PoolThreadCache to use LIFO for better cache performance (#3553)
- Add support for ALPN when using openssl + NPN client mode and support for CipherSuiteFilter (#3481) (#3481)
- Add support for splice(...) (#3665)
- Allow rejection of remote initiated renegotiation (#3750)
- Not defer close of Channel when in flush (#3739)
- Add support for mutual auth when using OpenSslEngine (#3732)
- Fix possible IllegalStateException caused by closeNotifyTimeout when using SslHandler (#3727)
- Validate cookie name and value characters (#3748)
- HTTP/2 Draft 17(#3418), (#3524) For the details and all changes, please browse our issue tracker.
See 4.0.28.Final release notes for more detail on new features and how to use them.
Revisit DNS codec
This release includes a revisit version of the DNS codec to make it possible to extend more easily.
Validate cookie name and value characters
This problem was discovered by the LinkedIn Security Team and could lead to security problems due the improper parsing of Cookies (without strict validating).
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.
A special thank you to the LinkedIn Security Team for reporting the possible security bug.