Did you know this page is automatically generated from a Github Wiki page? You can improve it by yourself here!
This page lists the organizations who adopted Netty in their projects or products. Make sure to sort the list alphabetically and keep the list up-to-date.
- A high-performance mobile access router that bundles multiple IP links into a single tunnel.
- Plog - Fire-and-forget UDP logging service with custom Netty pipelines & extensive monitoring
- Dubbo - An high performance RPC framework
- High performance transparent proxying and protocol conversion in cloud environments. Amadeus is operating high volume, large distributed systems with a mixture of microservices and traditional SoA mixing proprietary and standard protocols.
Apache ActiveMQ Artemis
- An asynchronous messaging system, an example of Message Oriented Middleware.
- General purpose cluster compute framework - using Netty for RPC and shuffle data communication
- Netty is the underlying protocol server for API simulations.
- Using Netty for various services.
- Netty @ Apple: Large Scale Deployment / Connectivity
- Distributes their anti-virus updates to more than 100M users using Netty.
- Optimizing your cloud for millions of connections (slides)
- Streaming updates - real time system for distributing updates to millions of users
- A private mobile app for couples with over 5 million users to store and share their memories, providing an exclusive communication channel just between the two
- Between system architecture (Korean; they built their API and messaging server with Netty.)
- [BlueMind] (http://www.bluemind.net)
- Using netty for various usages: IMAP reverse proxy server, High performance webserver, mobile synchronization server
- Open Source IoT Platform with mobile applications. Blynk Server supports HTTP/S API, WebSockets, own binary protocol.
- Monitors the continuously changing environment of distributed applications in real-time.
- Know a delay: Nagle's algorithm and you
- Club Cooee - Uses netty to simultaneously connect tens of thousands of users to a realtime virtual social 3D network with shared 3D spaces and low latence messaging services
Codewise - internally and open source:
- RxS3 - lightweight asynchronous AmazonS3 client.
- Use Netty for RPC layer
- A commercial Cassandra vendor
- Robust and scalable distributed queries with DSE Search 4.0
- Quark - A specialized language for defining and implementing communication protocols and microservices in multiple languages
- Using Netty for their HTTP API.
- See case studies chapter of Netty in Action
- Neutrino is a software load balancer(SLB) used by eBay to do L7 Switching and Load Balancing for eBay’s test infrastructure. It is build using Scala and Netty and it uses the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) as run-time environment.
- Using Netty for backbone message exchange services and proxies.
- A feature-rich social real-time web platform which scales horizontally and vertically
- Useful tools for Netty
- Uses for its high performance, http based, dynamic search system
- Uses Netty for all network communications.
- Uses Netty for to handle all incoming API traffic.
- GLU Mobile
- Scalable, fast and modular micro web server.
- Uses Netty as HTTP NIO server.
- Used for the internal communication in Hazelcast Simulator, a stresstest and production simulation tool for Hazelcast.
- Brings the power of big data text analytics into Microsoft Word.
- A tweet by @adisesha
- Used for IG Direct
- A tweet by @rbanson
- Agent connectivity
- yada - A Clojure async web library
- A network protocol testing toolkit used to certify compliance and functionality
- A mobile messenger over 100 million people use. They built their Android push server with Netty.
- Netty is used as the foundation of push and instant messaging services of LeanMessage, serving WebSockets and other protocols for clients from various platform
- Play Framework - The High Velocity Web Framework For Java and Scala
- A high performance log visualization tool that scales to thousands of machines; suitable for grid, cloud or SOA applications
- Uses Netty in various microservices, most importantly for real-time streaming of social media and user generated content to over a million of concurrent users for customers such as CNN, Fox News, Coca Cola, ...
- Delivers software-only storage platform natively designed for software-defined data centers and my cloud providers.
- A tweet by @diwakergupta
- Neo4j - Graph database
- Riposte - a Netty-based microservice framework for rapid development of production-ready HTTP APIs
- uses netty as the communication layer as part of an API-Gateway for all gaming clients and specifically Socket.io for HTML5/mobile clients.
- uses netty for micro-services provisioning, communication and cluster management.
- Project Reactor - a foundation for reactive fastdata applications on the JVM
- Ratpack - HTTP application framework
- Uses Netty in their commercial products based on their open source projects.
- Infinispan - a distributed in-memory key/value data grid and cache
- HornetQ - a multi-protocol, embeddable, very high performance, clustered, asynchronous messaging system
- AeroGear Push - support for different push notification technologies like Google Cloud Messaging, Apple's APNs or Mozilla's SimplePush
- Vert.x - Vert.x is a lightweight, high performance application platform for the JVM that's designed for modern mobile, web, and enterprise applications.
- RHQ - RHQ is an enterprise management solution for JBoss middleware projects, Tomcat, Apache Web Server, and numerous other server-side applications.
Remember The Milk
- An on-line task management service
- Real time updating comes to the Remember The Milk web app
- High performance and low latency API Gateway for REST microservices
- A Portuguese internet service provider and web portal
- A tweet by @lneves
Sears Holdings Corporation
- An integrated retailer focused on seamlessly connecting the digital and physical shopping experiences
- A tweet by @adyrcz
- [SMX] (http://smxemail.com) - SMX Email Archiving includes clusters of Netty based microservices.
- Spinn3r - all crawler UI done by netty. About 500GB per day of HTML fetched via Netty.
- netty-zmtp - A collection of Netty channel handlers that aims to implement ZMTP, the ZeroMQ Message Transport Protocol.
- Using Netty to collect huge volume of remote internal application logs.
- Using Netty for various services.
- Shaka Technologies
- Tachobyte - using Netty for pipeline between digital tachographs.
- TinkerPop3 Graph Computing Framework uses Netty for Gremlin Server
- tchannel-java - A Java implementation of the TChannel protocol
- Circuit - An enterprise WebRTC based team communication and collaboration cloud service
- Urban Airship
- Wasted IO
Last retrieved on 06-Jul-2017