Netty 4.1.0.Beta6 released
I'm happy to announce the release of Netty 4.1.0.Beta6 after 3 months of hard work.
This release contains 90+ changes, including bug-fixes, improvements and new features and will hopefully be the last beta release before move to release canidate status. So please test and provide feedback as soon as possible!
One of the most important changes is the full support of HTTP/2 as specified by RFC7540. Beside this the release contains a regression fix in terms of HTTP speed that was introduced in the past and so the speed is back to the same level as in 4.0.31.Final.
The most important changes are:
- Faster and more memory efficient headers for HTTP, HTTP/2, STOMP and SPDY (#4051)
- IllegalReferenceCountException in DNS resolver (#3797)
- HTTP/2 GOAWAY Reference Count Issue (#3786)
- Update HTTP/2 to RFCs (#3830)
- Http2ConnectionHandler breaks channelReadComplete pipeline notification (#3948)
- Regression in codec-http 4.1.0.Beta4 and later (#3962)
- DnsResolver.resolve(...) fails when ipaddress is used (#3993)
- NPE in DnsNameResolver in conjunction with a negative caching policy (#4065)
- Add DnsNameResolver.resolveAll(...) which allows to resolve a name to many ips (#4035)
For the details and all changes, please browse our issue tracker.
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
All the new features / fixes included in 4.0.31.Final are also included in this release. See GitHub issues for more details.
Beside this the DnsNameResolver received an API overhaul, so ensure to check this out.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.