Netty 4.0.35.Final released
I'm happy to announce the release of Netty 4.0.35.Final after almost 2 months of hard work.
This release contains 90+ changes, including bug-fixes, performance improvements and new features.
The most important changes are:
- Add support for TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT and TCP_QUICKACK (#4951)
- WebSocketHandshaker.finishHandshake could result in recursive channelRead event (#4533) (#4815)
- Enabling SNI, OpenSSL client from netty does not work (#4746) (#4791)
- Certificate failing set in OpenSslServerContext on Linux (#4793)
- Enable SSL_MODE_ACCEPT_MOVING_WRITE_BUFFER when using OpenSslContext (#4816)
- OpenSslContext throws UnsupportedOperationException when Unsafe not available (#4828) (#4843)
- Correctly pass ChannelPromise on to the next ChannelOutboundHandler when use CombinedChannelDuplexHandler (#4838)
- Fix segfault if UnpooledUnsafeHeapByteBuf.getShort(..) is used and UNALGINED access is not possible. (#4845) (#4841)
- Ensure handlerAdded(...) and handlerRemoved(...) is always called from the right thread (#4863)
- Ensure read components can be discarded when COMPOSITE_CUMULATOR is used (#4880)
- Correctly set the alert type depending of the CertificateException (#4885)
- NetUtil can prevent using Netty due to SecurityManager denial (#4936) (#4977)
- Guard against re-entrance in PendingWriteQueue (#4969)
- Change arena to thread cache mapping algorithm to be closer to ideal (#4983)
- Ensure all pending SSL data is written before closing channel during handshake error (#5003)
- Add ! to allowed cookie value chars (#4998)
For the details and all changes, please browse our issue tracker.
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.