Netty 4.0.39.Final and 4.1.3.Final released
I'm happy to announce the latest bug-fix releases for our 4.0.x and 4.1.x series today.
The releases contain bug-fixes, performance enhancements and new features.
The most important changes for 4.0.39 and 4.1.3.Final are:
- Fix JDK9 direct ByteBuffer cleaner invocation (#5538)
- Non-sticky thread groups in DefaultThreadFactory (#5533)
- Enforce Recycler limit when recycling from different threads (#5528)
- Avoid missed signals on a default promise (#5523)
- Ensure ChannelHandler.handlerAdded(...) callback is executed directly when added from ChannelFutureListener added to the registration future. (#5515)
- Not operate on serial execution assumption when using EventExecutor in the DefaultChannelPipeline.(#5506)
- Make AbstractChannel.outboundBuffer volatile (#5509)
- Fix improper synchronization in DefaultPromise (#5494)
The most important changes for 4.1.3.Final only are:
- DnsNameResolver search domains support (#5496)
- DefaultHttp2RemoteFlowController reentry infinite loop (#5525)
All changes that are in 4.0.39.Final are also included in 4.1.3.Final. All changes only have milestone 4.1.3.Final do not affect 4.0.39.Final.
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.