Netty 4.0.45.Final and 4.1.9.Final released
I'm happy to announce the latest bug-fix releases for our 4.0.x and 4.1.x series. These releases contains tons of changes (including bug-fixes, performance enhancements and features) so we encourage everyone to upgrade.
The most important changes for 4.0.45.Final and 4.1.9.Final are:
- UnorderedThreadPoolEventExecutor consumes 100% CPU when idle (#6518)
- Correct usages of internalNioBuffer (#6486)
- Expose ByteBufAllocator metric in a more general way (#6485)
- Direct buffers in java 9? Reflections on java classes fails on java 9 (#6269)
- Unpooled buffer acquired from pooled allocator may have .alloc() returning null (#6436)
- Ensure CombinedChannelDuplexHandler can not be shared. (#6352)
- Expose the chunkSize used by PooledByteBufAllocator. (#6354)
- Allow to unwrap ByteBuffer > MAX_ENCRYPTED_PACKET_LENGTH (#6350)
- OpenSSL ByteBuffer BIO (#6201)
- PooledByteBuf.capacity(...) not enforces maxCapacity() (#6299)
- Buffer alignment (#6293)
The most important changes for 4.1.9.Final only are:
- Bytes are dropped when using epoll and auto read = false when peer closes connection (#6303)
- HTTP/2 SETTINGS ACK sequencing issue (#6521)
- Allow GOAWAY to be sent from handlers after the Http2MultiplexCodec (#6480)
- DnsNameResolver should respect /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/resolver (#6321)
- Automatically decode DNS domain name to unicode (#6280)
- Implement correct handling of recursive DNS (#6256)
All changes that are in 4.0.45.Final are also included in 4.1.9.Final. All changes only have milestone 4.1.9.Final do not affect 4.0.44.Final.
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
If you use
OpenSslCertificateException you need to ensure
OpenSsl class is loaded before, otherwise you will see linking errors.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.