Netty 4.0.49.Final and 4.1.13.Final released
I'm happy to announce the latest bug-fix releases for our 4.0.x and 4.1.x series. These releases contains bug-fixes, performance enhancements and feature so we encourage everyone to upgrade.
The most important changes for 4.0.49.Final and 4.1.13.Final are:
- Return the correct Future from FixedChannelPool.release() (#6908)
- Close channels that are released to a closed FixedChannelPool (#6907)
- OpenSSL CHACHA20 CipherSuiteConverter updates (#6875)
- Remove synchronized (ReferenceCountedOpenSslContext.class) blocks (#6254)
- AppendableCharSequence not to depend upon IndexOutOfBoundsException for resize (#6845)
- Workaround IBM's J9 JVM getSupportedCipherSuites() returning SSL_ prefix cipher names (#6941)
The most important changes for 4.1.13.Final only are:
- DNS Resolver should be more consistent with JDK resolution (#6937)
- KQueue crash due to close/cleanup sequencing (#6922)
- DefaultHttp2ConnectionEncoder#writeHeaders shouldn't send GO_AWAY if stream is closed (#6916)
- transport-native-kqueue libraries should not lazy link (#6915)
- Update Http2SecurityUtil cipher suites (#6914)
- Make Native loading work better with Java 8 (#6884)
- NullPointerException in Lz4FrameEncoder (#6867)
- Use more aggressive expanding strategy in HpackHuffmanDecoder (#6857)
- Do proper bounds-checking in HpackHuffmanDecoder to reduce overhead of IndexOutOfBoundsException creation (#6838)
- Add support for IP_TRANSPARENT socket option (#6835)
All changes that are in 4.0.49.Final are also included in 4.1.13.Final. All changes only have milestone 4.1.13.Final do not affect 4.0.49.Final.
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.