Netty 4.0.0.RC1 released
Its my pleasure announcing the first RC release of Netty 4.0.0. This means we consider the software out of beta quality and will most likely release a final version soon.
Thanks again to everyone who helped us to fix issues and make the release even more stable.
You can grab the release from our download page and from maven central.
If you have any feedback please let us know, we love to receive it.
- We change our EventExecutor to return our own Future implementation (which extends java.util.concurrent.Future now). This allows you to add listeners to the returned futures and so get notified once a task was completed. Please refer to the API documentation for more information. (#1174)
- Add the
WebSocketClientProtocolHandler, which makes it even more easy to write WebSocket-Only clients. (#1179)
- Possible deadlock in Bootstrap and ServerBootstrap durring bind/connect was fixed. (#1175)
- Fix bug which could produce a 100 % CPU spin if many NIO bases channels are closed at the same time (#1171)
- Added alternative constructor to *Adapter classes to make them usable from languages that have no meaning for Generics. (#1177)
- Automatically rebuild Selector if hit by e-poll bug. (#1192)
- Do not use separate thread for scheduling deferred tasks if possible. (#817)
- Other bugfixes
Visit here for the complete list of the changes.