Netty 4.0.8.Final released
We are pleased to announce the release of Netty 4.0.8.Final. This is a bug-fix release but also includes performance improvements. As expected from a bug-fix release it is API compatible to previous version out of the 4.0.x tree.
In summary this release closes 39 issues.
This release would have been not possible without the feedback of our community. We welcome everyone to become a part of it, and help us to make Netty even better!
Most important changes / fixes
- IndexOutOfBoundException with direct buffer and gathering writes (#1782)
- Cannot call public methods in AbstractBootstrap via reflection (#1780)
- Unexpected exception in the selector loop (#1770)
- LocalAddress's can collide in a multi-client setup (#1765)
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: recycled already when using ChunkedWriteHandler (#1743)
- java.lang.IllegalArgumentException when gathering write a DuplicatedByteBuf (#1739)
- Add a JdkZlibDecoder which has no dependencies (#1481) and (#1735)
Visit here for the complete list of the changes.
As always please let us know if you find any issues.
More details on changes
To make use of the new JdkZlibDecoder and so be able to use compression on java 7+ without any extra dependency you will need to specify an extra System property. This was done to not change behavior and give the new feature more time to become major. To enable it please use -Dio.netty.noJdkZlibDecoder=false.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.