Netty 4.0.20.Final released
Just one day after the release of Netty 3.9.2.Final we are happy to announce the release of Netty 4.0.20.Final. This release contains a lot of bug-fixes but also performance improvements and other goodies. As always this release is fully-compatible with previous netty 4.0.x releases.
For mre details please refer to the next sections.
Most important changes / fixes
- Improve the allocation performance of pooled buffers larger than 8 KiB (#2518)
- Use ByteBuf.readSlice(...).retain() to minimize memory copies (#2464)
- ByteBuf implementation should only invert bytes if ByteOrder differ from native ByteOrder (#2436 and (#2531)
- Introduce faster ThreadLocal (#2556)
- Optimize DefaultChannelPipeline in terms of memory usage and initialization time (#2546)
- Thread cache eviction task can erroneously prevent jvm from exiting (#2519)
- Add OpenSslEngine (#2464)
Visit here for the complete list of the changes.
As always please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
For details how to use OpenSslEngine please refer to our Forked Tomcat Native page.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.