Netty 4.1.0.Beta1 released
Have you been looking forward to all the new features of Netty 5.0 and worried about its release schedule and migration cost due to backward-incompatibility?
Not anymore! We have backported most new features of 5.0 and just released 4.1.0.Beta1. There are so many interesting features, but to list a few of them:
- We support Android 4.0+ officially.
- Channel ID is back, with global uniqueness.
- You can customize Netty's thread model.
- New or improved codecs
- Binary memcache protocol codec (by @daschl)
- DNS protocol codec (by @mbakkar and @normanmaurer)
- HAProxy protocol codec (by @jkeys089)
- MQTT protocol codec (by @mousom)
- STOMP codec (by @sskachkov)
- You can also stream XML documents and JSON objects using
XmlFrameDecoder(by @mcaserta) and
- You have more control when
HttpObjectAggregatorreceives an oversized message.
Visit our wiki page for more detailed list of the changes. You can also browse our issue tracker for the gory detail.
As always please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.