Netty 4.1.0.Beta1 released
Have you been looking forward to all the new features of Netty 5.0 and worried about its release schedule and migration cost due to backward-incompatibility?
Not anymore! We have backported most new features of 5.0 and just released 4.1.0.Beta1. There are so many interesting features, but to list a few of them:
- We support Android 4.0+ officially.
- Channel ID is back, with global uniqueness.
- You can customize Netty's thread model.
- New or improved codecs
- Binary memcache protocol codec (by @daschl)
- DNS protocol codec (by @mbakkar and @normanmaurer)
- HAProxy protocol codec (by @jkeys089)
- MQTT protocol codec (by @mousom)
- STOMP codec (by @sskachkov)
- You can also stream XML documents and JSON objects using
XmlFrameDecoder(by @mcaserta) and
- You have more control when
HttpObjectAggregatorreceives an oversized message.
As always please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.