Netty 4.1.0.CR5 released
I'm happy to announce the release of Netty 4.1.0.CR5 shortly after we release 4.1.0.CR4. While our initial plan was to release 4.1.0.Final next we thought we should do another release canidate inbetween to give users the chance to test the made fixes in a quicker fashion.
The most important changes in this release are:
- Map HTTP/2 Streams to Channels (#4503)
- IllegalReferenceCountException from HttpObjectDecoder when switching a protocol (#4504)
- IOOBE in DefaultDnsRecordDecoder#decodeName (#5015)
- Prevent nepotism with generational GCs (#5016)
- Fix setBytes when source is read-only ByteBuffer and target is pooled #5011)
- Speed up the slow path of FastThreadLocal (#5012)
- Upgrade netty-tcnative to 1.1.33.Fork15 (#5025)
- Read if needed on NEED_UNWRAP (#5039)
- Not attempt to read from fd when channel is closed during read loop (#5048)
For the details and all changes, please browse our issue tracker.
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
As our http2 and dns codecs are still quite new we "mark" these as experimental which means we may break the api's of these in later releases.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.