Netty 4.0.37.Final released
I'm happy the latest bug-fix release for our 4.0.x series today.
This release contains many bug-fixes, enhancements and new features. Most important
it also contains one security bug-fix which was filled as CVE-2016-4970 and can lead to
a DOS. Because of this security bugfix you should upgrade ASAP if you use our
which is true if you have
netty-tcnative on your classpath and openssl libraries installed on the system.
The most important changes are:
- OpenSslEngine writePlaintextData WANT_READ with no data in BIO buffer (#5364)
- Fix the possible reference leak in Recycler (#5333)
- [#5104] Fix possible deadlock in DefaultChannelPipeline (#5110)
- PoolChunkList not correctly move PoolChunks when these are moved (#5089)
- Allow to create Unsafe ByteBuf implementations that not use a Cleaner to clean the native memory. (#5314)
For the details and all changes, please browse our issue tracker.
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.