Netty 4.0.38.Final and 4.1.2.Final released
I'm happy to announce the latest bug-fix releases for our 4.0.x and 4.1.x series today.
The releases contains a lot of changes, these include bug-fixes, performance enhancements and new features.
The most important changes are for 4.0.38 and 4.1.2.Final:
- Be able to use Netty in JDK9 (#5475), (#5474 ), (#5473)
- Allow to inject RejectedExecutionHandler for different EventLoops and EventExecutors (#5441)
- Allow to set max capacity for task queue for EventExecutors and EventLoops (#5440)
- Add support for KeyManagerFactory when using SslProvider.OpenSsl (#5439)
- Add support for SNIHostName when using Java8+ (#5417)
- Pluggable resource leak detector (#5392)
- Ensure OpenSslClientContext / OpenSslServerContext can be garbage-collected (#5380)
- Use shaded dependency on JCTools instead of copy and paste (#5316)
The most important changes are for 4.1.2.Final only:
- DnsNameResolver should not bind locally. (#5461)
- DnsNameResolver does not resolve property A+CNAME answer (#5413)
- Optimize HPACK usage to align more with Netty types and remove heavy object creations (#5355)
All changes that are in 4.0.38.Final are also included in 4.1.2.Final. All changes only have milestone 4.1.2.Final do not affect 4.0.38.Final.
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.