Netty 4.0.46.Final and 4.1.10.Final released
I'm happy to announce the latest bug-fix releases for our 4.0.x and 4.1.x series. These releases contains bug-fixes, performance enhancements and feature so we encourage everyone to upgrade.
The most important changes for 4.0.46.Final and 4.1.10.Final are:
- NetUtil IPv6 bugs related to IPv4 and compression (#6613)
- Enable configuring available processors (#6224)
- Add support for SNIMatcher when using SslProvider.OPENSSL* and Java8+ (#6534)
- Fix buffer leak in local transport when a close triggers the close of a remote peer and there are still messages in the inbound buffer. (#6650)
- Fix IllegalArgumentException when release a wrapped ByteBuffer on Java9 (#6644)
- VoidChannelPromise not notified when exception is thrown. (#6634)
- Correctly handle read-only ByteBuf in ByteToMessageDecoder (#6639)
- Allow to free direct buffers on java9 again (#6568)
- NioEventLoop#rebuildSelector0 throws ClassCastException (#6608)
- Fix OpenSslCertificateException error code validation (#6581)
- Limit the maximum size of the allocated outbound buffer to MAX_ENCRYPTED_PACKET_LENGTH (#6569)
- Allow negative memoryAddress when calling PlatformDependent0.newDirectBuffer(...) (#6575)
- Recognizing TLS Extension "HeartBeat" as Valid TLS Packet (#6529)
The most important changes for 4.1.10.Final only are:
- Notify connect promise of ProxyHandler after codecs are removed (#6672)
- Ability to extend SniHandler and configure it with arbitrary runtime data (#6623)
- Do not throw ClassCastException when rule subnet version doesn't match remote IP version (#6658)
- Fix HTTP/2 dependency tree corruption (#6654)
- Avoid infinite loop in HTTP/2 distributor toString() (#6655)
- Use jndi-dns to obtain default name servers (#6590)
- netty-codec: Manage read-flow explicitly in MessageAggregator (#6604)
- Accept two ways to start HTTP/2 over clear text(version 2) (#6496)
All changes that are in 4.0.46.Final are also included in 4.1.10.Final. All changes only have milestone 4.1.10.Final do not affect 4.0.46.Final.
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.