Netty 4.1.34.Final released
Today we announce the release of netty 4.1.34.Final. This release contains mostly bugfixes, some improvements and a few performance wins.
The most important changes in this release are:
- HttpContentDecoder must continue read when it did not produce any message and auto read is false (#8922)
- Do not use GetPrimitiveArrayCritical(...) due multiple not-fixed bugs related to GCLocker (#8921)
- Correctly monkey-patch id also in whe os / arch is used within library name (#8913)
- Use maven plugin to prevent API/ABI breakage as part of build process (#8904)
- Optimize Hpack and AsciiString hashcode and equals (#8902)
- Further reduce ensureAccessible() overhead (#8895)
- DefaultFileRegion.transferTo with invalid count may cause busy-spin (#8885)
- Don't deregister Channel as part of closing it when using native kqueue transport (#8881)
- Close consumed inputs in ChunkedWriteHandler (#8876)
- Include the original Exception that caused the Channel to be closed in the ClosedChannelException (#8863)
- Fix h2c upgrade failure when multiple connection headers are present in upgrade request (#8848)
- Support using an Executor to offload blocking / long-running tasks when processing TLS / SSL via the SslHandler (#8847)
- Reduce direct memory overhead per EpollEventLoop when using EpollDatagramChannel (#8825)
- Reduce GC produced by native DatagramChannel implementations when in connected mode (#8806)
- HttpObjectDecoder ignores HTTP trailer header when empty line is received in seperate ByteBuf (#8799)
- Minimize memory footprint for AbstractChannelHandlerContext for handlers that execute in the EventExecutor (#8786)
- Fix three bugs in CompositeByteBuf (#8773)
For the details and all changes, please browse our issue tracker for 4.1.34.Final.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.