Netty 4.1.38.Final released
I am happy to announce the release of netty 4.1.38.Final. This is a bug-fix release but also contains a few performance enhancements.
The most important changes in this release are:
- Prevent ByteToMessageDecoder from overreading when !isAutoRead (#9252)
- Http2FrameCodecBuilder.autoAckSettingsFrame(...) must be public (#9295)
- Disable Huffman encoding for small headers (#9269)
- Use Table lookup for HPACK decoder (#9307)
- Correctly take length of ByteBufInputStream into account for readLine() / readByte() (#9310)
- Pre-decompressed DNS record RData that may contain compression pointers (#9311)
- Fixed incorrect Sec-WebSocket-Origin header for v13, see #9134 (#9312)
- Correctly handle http2 upgrades when Http2FrameCodec is used together with Http2MultiplexHandler (#9318)
- Fix NPE caused by re-entrance calls in FlowControlHandler (#9320)
- Allow to disable automatically sending PING acks (#9338)
- HTTP2: Always apply the graceful shutdown timeout if configured (#9340)
- DecoratingHttp2ConnectionEncoder.consumeReceivedSettings must not throw if delegate is instance of Http2SettingsReceivedConsumer (#9343)
- Fix epoll spliceTo file descriptor with offset (#9369)
- Fix an NPE in AbstractHttp2StreamChannel (#9379)
- HTTP/2 multiplex: Correctly process buffered inbound data even if autoRead is false (#9389)
- availableSharedCapacity will be slowly exhausted (#9394)
- HTTP/2: Ensure newStream() is called only once per connection upgrade and the correct handler is used (#9396)
For the details and all changes, please browse our issue tracker for 4.1.38.Final.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.