Netty 4.1.69.Final released
We are happy to announce the release of netty 4.1.69.Final. This is mainly a bug-fix release. That said ensure you read the Special notes section.
The most important changes are:
- netty-all should not re-package jars (#11732)
- Use install_tool_name and codesign to patch id of shaded library (#11734)
- Add server-side TCP FastOpen support for macOS (#11735)
- Ensure ServerChannel implementations accept multiple connections per read loop (#11729)
- Allow to specify taskExecutor when construct HashedWheelTimer (#11728)
- Fix little-endian get/set methods in SwappedByteBuf (#11706)
- Ensure CompositeByteBuf.decompose(...) returns the non unwrapped buffer (#11696)
- Fix ByteBufUtil indexOf ClassCastException (#11680)
- netty-bom to provide resolved tcnative version (#11672)
For the details and all changes, please browse our issue tracker for 4.1.69.Final.
netty-all packaging changes
This release changes the way how the netty-all artifact is packaged / produced. While before it did contain all the code of all the other modules directly with this release we changed to to just depend on all the other modules. This will help users to not end up with the same classes but different versions in the classpath while should not have much impact on most of the users. The only users that might need to be concerened about these changes are these who did directly use the netty-all jar with custom build tools. For all the other build tools it should do the right thing and automatically include the needed dependencies.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area.
Please report an unintended omission.