Netty 4.0.31.Final released
I'm happy to announce the release of Netty 4.0.31.Final.
This release contains 70+ changes, including bug-fixes, improvements and new features.
The most important changes are:
- Allow to disable recycling (#4157)
- Add TCP_USER_TIMEOUT (#4174)
- Correctly set traffic class and so linger (#4136)
- Fix IllegalStateException when HttpContentEncoder is used and 100 Continue response is used (#4115)
- Correctly forward bytes when remove codec and handle channelInactive / channelReadComplete(...) (#4114)
- Correctly handle Upgrade responses with special handling of Hixie 76 (#4113)
- Support abstract domain sockets using epoll on linux (#4085)
- HttpObjectAggregator doesn't check content-length header (#4083)
- EPOLLRDHUP infinite loop (#4082)
- MemoryRegionCache$Entry objects are not recycled (#4072)
- Add support for IP_FREEBIND when using native transport (#4034)
For the details and all changes, please browse our issue tracker.
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
With this release two new
EpollChannelOptions are introduced that can be used if you use the native epoll transport that is shipped as part of Netty.
EpollChannelOption.TCP_USER_TIMEOUT => allows to set the TCP_USER_TIMEOUT on a socket. See man 7 tcp for more details on what exactly this setting is useful for.
EpollChannelOption.IP_FREEBIND => allows to bind to addresses without the address up yet or even the interface configured yet.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.