Netty 4.0.41.Final and 4.1.5.Final released
I'm happy to announce the latest bug-fix releases for our 4.0.x and 4.1.x series today.
The releases contain bug-fixes, performance enhancements and new features.
Important: These releases also fix a possible crash when using netty-tcnative-boringssl-static (see (#5733) so please upgrade ASAP if you this.
The most important changes for 4.0.41.Final and 4.1.5.Final are:
- Result of ByteBufUtil.compare(ByteBuf a, ByteBuf b) is dependent on ByteOrder of supplied ByteBufs (#5732)
- Ensure fireChannelActive() is also called if Channel is closed in connect promise (#5724)
- Ensure SslHandler.close(...) will not throw exception if flush of pending messages fail (#5685)
- Static initializers can cause deadlock (#5730)
- Detect if netty-tcnative is in classpath or just tcnative (#5666)
- Ensure direct ByteBuffer are wrapped in as direct ByteBuf (#5629)
- Allow to limit the maximum number of WeakOrderQueue instances per Thread (#5592)
- Ensure correct ordering if a ChannelInitializer adds another ChannelInitializer (#5588)
- Servers should not send duplicate intermediate certificates (#5606)
- Not try to double release empty buffer in Unpooled.wrappedBuffer (#5605)
- Ensure SslHandler not log false-positives when try to close the Channel due timeout (#5604)
- Introduce allocation / pooling ratio in Recycler (#5594)
The most important changes for 4.1.5.Final only are:
- Ensure we not log missleading errors if the promise was already failed due errors (#5689)
- HTTP/2 limit streams in all states (#5671)
- Disable IPv6 address lookups when -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false (#5659)
- Add NonStickyEventExecutorGroup (#5579)
- Fix RejectedExecutionException when using DnsAddressResolverGroup (#5612)
All changes that are in 4.0.41.Final are also included in 4.1.5.Final. All changes only have milestone 4.1.5.Final do not affect 4.0.41.Final.
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.