Netty 4.0.42.Final and 4.1.6.Final released
I'm happy to announce the latest bug-fix releases for our 4.0.x and 4.1.x series today.
The releases contain bug-fixes, performance enhancements and new features.
The most important changes for 4.0.42.Final and 4.1.6.Final are:
- Correctly throw IndexOutOfBoundsException when dst.remaining() is too big (#5878)
- Update Default Cipher List (#5906)
- Ensure removal of SslHandler not produce IllegalReferenceCountException (#5880)
- Ensure we not close NioDatagramChannel when SocketException is received (#5899)
- Regression: JVM crash in tcnative-boringssl during mutual TLS handshake with chain (#5841)
- Consolidate flushes even when no read in progress (#5808)
- Support any FileRegion implementation when using epoll transport (#5825)
- Ensure we not sent duplicate certificates when using OpenSslEngine (#5790)
- AbstractByteBuf.forEachByteDesc(ByteProcessor) starts from wrong index (#5783)
- Fix native library loading in Windows (#5776)
The most important changes for 4.1.6.Final only are:
- Use heapbuffers by default when using LocalChannel and LocalServerChannel (#5792)
- Provide extra info together with handshake complete event (#5751)
- HTTP/2: SETTINGS_HEADER_TABLE_SIZE should be an unsigned int (#5798)
- Add support for Client Subnet in DNS Queries (RFC7871) (#5614)
- Do not change writerIndex when decode DnsPtrRecord (#5784)
- HTTP/2 Ensure default settings are correctly enforced and interfaces clarified (#5845)
All changes that are in 4.0.42.Final are also included in 4.1.6.Final. All changes only have milestone 4.1.6.Final do not affect 4.0.42.Final.
As always, please let us know if you find any issues. We love feedback!
Start from version 4.1.6.Final the local transport will use HEAP buffers by default. See also (#5792).
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.