Netty 4.1.49.Final released
I am happy to announce the release of netty 4.1.49.Final after a bit more then one month of work. This is mainly a bug-fix release but also contain a few other goodies.
The most important changes in this release are:
- Ensure we support ALPN when using java 8u251 (#10196)
- Guard against overflow when calling CompositeByteBuf.addComponent(...) (#10197)
- Correctly propagate exceptions from inbound operations in all cases (#10176)
- Add support for HAProxyMessageEncoder (#10175)
- Add workaround for possible classloader deadlock when trying to load JNI code (#10190)
- Efficient BytBuf search algorithms (#9955)
- Allow Conscrypt to be used on Android (#10182)
- Stop sending DNS queries if promise is cancelled (#10171)
- Set IPV4_ONLY as default when NIC has only local IPv6 addresses (#10170)
- SslHandler should fail handshake / close promise and notify pipeline on removal (#10161)
- Replace usage() with freeBytes() in thresholds within hot paths of PoolChunkList (#10141)
- Introduce DomainWildcardMappingBuilder to fix wildcard matching according to RFC6125 (#10132)
- Don't produce multiple calls to exceptionCaught(...) on SSL handshake failure (#10134)
- Update to netty-tcnative 2.0.30.Final to fix small memory leak (#10118)
For the details and all changes, please browse our issue tracker for 4.1.49.Final.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.