Netty 4.1.77.Final released
We are happy to announce the release of netty 4.1.77.Final. This release is a bug-fix release, which also contains a fix for a CVE which only affects users running Java 6.
Beside this it also fixes a bug which can cause the native epoll transport to be unusable on systems that not implement
epoll_pwait2 (like ubuntu 22.04.
The most important changes are:
- Local Information Disclosure Vulnerability in Netty on Unix-Like systems due temporary files for Java 6 and lower in io.netty:netty-codec-http (CVE-2022-24823)
- Upgraded the optional
netty-tcnativedependency to version 2.0.52.Final (#12162)
- Fix a bug where Netty fails to load a shaded native library (#12358)
- Include classifier in Automatic-Module-Name (#12354)
- Check if epoll_pwait2 is implemented (#12345)
- Don't call strdup on packagePrefix (#12322)
- Enable debugging of asynchronous tasks in Intellij (#12319)
- Throwing an exception in case glibc is missing instead of segfaulting the JVM (#11701) For the details and all changes, please browse our issue tracker for 4.1.77.Final.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area.
Please report an unintended omission.