Netty 4.1.44.Final released
I am happy to announce the release of netty 4.1.44.Final after almost 2 months of work. This is a bug-fix release which fixes some critical issues. Please upgrade as soon as possible.
For more details please read-on.
The most important changes in this release are:
- Verify we do not receive multiple content-length headers or a content-length and transfer-encoding: chunked header when using HTTP/1.1 (#9865)
- Detect missing colon when parsing http headers with no value (#9871)
- Fix #9770, last frame may contain extra data that doesn't affect decompression (#9832)
- Ensure scheduled tasks are executed before shutdown (#9858)
- Change DefaultByteBufHolder.equals() to treat instances of different classes as not equal (#9855)
- DefaultHttp2ConnectionEncoder writeHeaders method always send an header frame with a priority (#9852)
- Prevent any leaks when HttpPostStandardRequestDecoder constructor throws (#9837)
- Correctly handle fragmented Handshake message when trying to detect SNI (#9806)
- Call ctx.flush() when onStreamClosed(...) produces a window update frame (#9818)
- Don't send window update frame for unconsumed bytes when stream is already closed (#9816)
- Correctly set writerIndex when EpollChannelOption.MAX_DATAGRAM_PAYLOAD_SIZE is used in all cases (#9819)
- Correctly guard against multiple RST frames for the same stream (#9811)
- Log expected STREAM_CLOSED exceptions for already closed streams at DEBUG level (#9798)
- Remove dependency on GLIBC 2.12 by using syscalls directly (#9797)
- Don't cache key material if sun.security.ssl.X509KeyManagerImpl is used (#9762)
- Prevent memory leak when SimpleChannelPools are destroyed (#9760)
- Remove padding when writing CONTINUATION frame (#9752)
- Remove usage of finalizer in Recycler (#9726)
- Correctly update size of the Stack before doing any validation in Recycler (#9731)
- HttpClientCodec need to keep request / response pairs in sync all the time (#9721)
- Introduce MacOSDnsServerAddressStreamProvider which correctly detect all nameserver configuration on MacOS (#9161)
- Changed Netty JDK SSL to use default protocols instead of hardcoded supported protocols, to respect jvm flags(eg. jdk.tls.client.protocols) (#9707)
For the details and all changes, please browse our issue tracker for 4.1.44.Final.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. Please report an unintended omission.