Netty 4.1.52.Final released
I am happy to announce the release of netty 4.1.52.Final. This is mainly a bug-fix release but also contains some new features like MQTT 5.0 support.
The most important changes in this release are:
- Fix ByteBufUtil.getBytes() incorrectly sharing the array in some cases (#10529)
- Create a stackless ClosedChannelException to reduce overhead when the Channel is closed (#10523)
- Use all configured nameservers when using DnsNameResolver in all cases (#10503)
- Expose a LoggingDnsQueryLifeCycleObserverFactory (#10490)
- Binary search based IpSubnetFilter (#10492)
- Include TLSv1.3 ciphers as recommended ciphers for HTTP2 (#10480)
- Correctly limit queries done to resolve unresolved nameservers (#10478)
- Add whitelist entry to BlockHound config to workaround issue when TLS1.3 is enabled and the SslProvider.JDK is used (#10459)
- Enable TLS1.3 by default of JDK SSLEngine implementation does by default (#10451)
- Fix DnsNameResolver may have LEAK ByteBuf after cancelling the returned future (#10448)
- Making AES_128_GCM_SHA256 have a higher priority over CHACHA20_POLY1305_SHA256 on HTTP2 (#10418)
- Enable SSL_MODE_ENABLE_FALSE_START if jdkCompatibilityMode is false (#10407)
- Reduce memory fragmentation caused by PooledByteBufAllocator (#10267)
- MQTT5 support for netty-codec-mqtt (#10483)
For the details and all changes, please browse our issue tracker for 4.1.52.Final.
Every idea and bug-report counts and so we thought it is worth mentioning those who helped in this area. What makes me really proud and happy is that amount of new "first-time contributors" in this release. We <3 all of you :)
Please report an unintended omission.